Children’s Birthday Party and Events
Before Scrolling down to hire rates please make sure to read the following info.
If this is your first time planning for bubble soccer you really need to do your homework to ensure you have a pleasant and enjoyable bubble soccer experience. Know what you are getting and plan well. You are booking primarily for a good bubble soccer experience so focus on it and make sure you get the best product. We at Bubble Soccer Sydney are confident we are giving a premium service, and what’s more at an affordable and competitive price. Check out our web and social media sites to see for yourself:
We recommend having your bubble soccer event outdoors, such as public parks; on soft green grass where the game is more comfortable. Hard surfaces such as wood and concrete etc. are not recommended. On the day we setup the equipment, facilitate and supervise the event leaving you free to setup your birthday party table or to simply sit back and enjoy watching the children have heaps of fun.
Our Bubble Suits
Our bubble suits are a lightweight soft material that is also sturdy. It’s important they are light, as this will put less stress on the ankles and knees and reduce risk of injury. Lighter bubbles also mean less fatigue so you can play longer.
Is it safe to book during Covid-19? It will never be 100% safe however social distancing is forced as you are enclosed in your own bubble. We use a special solution that disinfects and kills the Covid-19 virus in two minutes. Although using alcohol wipes and disinfectants may clean the bubbles, we go to greater lengths in deep cleaning to minimise the risk of infection.
How long should you book for?
We find that the ideal bubble soccer event runs 90-minutes, adding a further 30 minutes or so to cut your cake and feed the guests, you can keep your party to an ideal 2-hour event. For small groups of 10 or less a one-hour booking is also available. During this time they will play Bubble Soccer, have free time bumping each other about and doing flips. If you feel you want to stretch out your event you can book a little longer and have the kids play a game without bubbles inside the inflatable arena. We also recommend booking parks where there are other facilities children can use such as a playground, or you can look at organising other events afterwards; however keep in mind that Bubble Soccer is a very tiring game and will leave kids exhausted afterwards. So if you are planning activities for after the bubble soccer make sure its not a physically and challenging one. We also have certain side attractions, which can accommodate your event.
Ideal Number of Participants
We recommend numbers such as 10, 12, 15 and 18. This way we could run the event with 10 bubble suits with 10 players playing 5v5,or 12 playing 6v6. If you had 15 then 3 teams of 5 players playing in rotation or 3 teams of 6 players with 18 playing in rotation. For number of participants exceeding 20 we would then recommend you extend the duration of the party or add more activities or add more bubble suits depending.
Remember the more children you have at the party the more challenging it will be to manage them. Generally anything up to 15 participants can be well managed by 1 operator at one time, keeping in mind the operator will have all eyes on the children in bubble suits to ensure they are playing safely. When you hire our Inflatable Bubble Soccer Arena for your event you also get a second operator helping with supervision.
Minimum Age for actual parties and groups
We recommend Bubble Soccer Birthday parties for children from 8 years and older. While we have junior sizes that cater for the youngsters we find that organised events work best with children who are old enough to co-operate. With children younger than 8 we find many still lack in confidence and tend get distracted or lose interest quickly. While some want to play an organised game of soccer, others may want to roll around, and some may even have difficulties adjusting.
The Ideal Location
A park with lush green grass with a flat area is best. Soft landing is important when doing flips as players may at times fall on their knees. This is also important for our bubble suits as we use lightweight material that can get punctured in rough terrain and where there are obstacles such as trees etc. in the way. We recommend you choose parks with playgrounds, amenities and available car parks for the comfort of your guests. But remember the busier your location the more congested the traffic.
We generally have locations we frequent in most council areas, which we can recommend, however you can also run your event at a park of your choice as long as you can obtain a permit or your back yard if it has enough space. With parks that we frequent we can obtain park hire on your behalf, some councils will require you make the application yourself, however we will provide you with our insurance details and support and assist you with the park hire.
Bad weather, postponing and cancellations
As is the case with most outdoor activities Bubble soccer is also weather dependant. This includes rainy days, extreme heat and strong gale force winds. During which we will need to postpone the event. For any events cancelled or postponed during bad weather you will not lose any funds and any deposit or payments will deferred ahead or refunded if you have to cancel due to postponements.
Do I need to book the inflatable Arena (Barrier):
The inflatable arena is optional however due to the enormous added value it brings to the game it is highly recommended. Anyone who has experienced bubble soccer with the inflatable arena will tell you there is no comparison; just look at the visuals on our social and media sites and you can easily see the difference. The following are just a few:
- Ball is kept in the field of play more than often; the game flows, as there is less interruption. It also looks pretty cool.
- Keeps players engaged and in bumping distance to each other. When the game spreads too far out players lose interest very quickly and the event degenerates within a short time frame as fatigue sets in much quicker.
- Safety: The Barrier ensures no walking traffic; pets or people can accidentally come into the playing area, nor can a player with a bubble leave the playing area. It gives you your own private space within the park. Just imagine a dog chasing a ball in the middle of a game, or a small child who ends up in the playing area, this can be dangerous. Remember players in a bubble may not be aware of their immediate surroundings with the same awareness when not in a bubble.
- If players have enough of bubble soccer and if there is time they can play a game without bubbles on within the arena. On a hot sunny day players will tend to play shorter so the inflatable arena comes in handy.
As we require additional time and extra staff to setup the heavy item and a large generator to frequently run there is an additional fee for the inflatable arena however we try to keep this as low as possible. Keep in mind you wont be frequently playing bubble soccer so paying that little extra will go a long way and will be appreciated by all those involved.
Is a park hire permit really needed?
Absolutely! Certain councils are already considering banning bubble soccer and similar physical events in their council areas due to suppliers not bothering to hire parks or misleading their patrons into believing they don’t need one. A permit is required for the following reasons:
- To avoid double booking. Imagine turning up for your event to find that a carnival or a large-scale event is happening, or someone else has booked the space, and you have no space to run your event or are told to leave? Embarrassing.
- Councils may dismiss and not take responsibility for anything that may go wrong, event if it is a problem associated with the park that is under their jurisdiction. In such cases insurances may not accept responsibility either, especially if it is an issue with council property.
- Its illegal. Councils require permits for any events, which take up shared common areas. Bubble Soccer mainly uses parks that are shared space, simply because football parks are usually booked for weekend organised sports. Bubble soccer generally runs at smaller parks but those that the public frequents.
Unfortunately there are costs associated with park hire permits. Some councils charge more than others, therefore certain parks have different permit rates. As such our prices are usually not included with park hire fees unless specified.
Weekend pricing and recommendations (pricing is for groups under 16 years old)
10 Bubble suits : $300 per hour
Inflatable Arena : $100 per hour
Velcro soccer darts game: $50
• Park hire permits not included.
Please keep in mind for private bookings where we come to a park of your choice and depending on time needed to travel there may be added charges.
Call or email us with any more questions you may have. We want your party to be well organised and leave you with peace of mind. Being the most experienced Bubble Soccer Provider we will ensure to share our expertise and experience.
Call us now direct on 0408 427 748 or simply email us at email@example.com